Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Hangover

Well, it's been one of those "8 AM time-out" days (see Joni's blog) and I'm not sure if it's because of the sudden influx of sugar in their diets, the 5:30 AM wake up call (Ellie's idea), the spur of the moment decision to potty train (ran out of diapers) or simply that I'm a bad mom who on days like these just wants to throw in the towel, put on a show for the kids and sit down to some blogging. I'm not ready to admit to the latter just yet, so we'll just go with any of the former justifications. At any rate, the kids have been sat down to a show and I'm ready to blog! Here are some fun Halloween pictures from last night.

Jonah was an "Injun" (Ninja) turtle...

Ellie, a princess...

And Charlotte, Little Red Riding Hood. Halloween photo shoot with some of the Allred girl cousins. I think the fairy theme was a popular one this year.

Faith and Ellie being cute...

Luke and Jonah being cute...

The loot...and yes, those are full-sized candybars!

8 comments:

♥ Natalie said...

Love the costumes - they all look great! Looks like they got a lot of goodies! Glad you guys had a great Halloween! ~ Natalie ilovemyfamily5.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Cute pics! Brody is obsessed with Ninja Turtles, he would of loved Jonah's costume.

I hear ya on the hangover. Thursday was rough for us too!

Tyler Lyman Family said...

I am enjoying your blog, Amy! Things like what I read here just don't come out during the day to day. Blog on!

Nicole said...

Very cute costumes Amy! Ellie still has that "come squeeze me!" look about her I hope she never grows out of! Seems like yesterday she was in a little lady bug costume! Just too crazy.

Lara Neves said...

Hey Amy, saw a link on Heather's blog and thought I'd pop over. First, Congrats on the newest baby I see there in your profile pic.

Your kids are adorable! And I love Halloween until the morning after! :)

Melissa said...

cute!!! and i can't believe they got full sized candy bars... my kids got some random junk like mary kay make-up samples... i guess that's what we expect when living in kentucky. :)

Laurel said...

Hi Amy! I love the costumes and I guess I shouldn't be suprised that your neighborhood hands out full sized candy bars. . . our blog is www.olsongathering.blogspot.com I am free most days if you ever want to have another adult to talk to! We shouldn't let our husbands do all of the talking!

aftonicole said...

those cosutmes are too cute! where are you living now??