Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hazel Julia

Now ten days old, meet the newest love of our lives...








I feel great really. Other than the emotional blow Ellie dealt me minutes after arriving home from the hospital.

"Mom, why is your stomach still big?"

"Well, it takes a little while to get back to normal." (Never mind that "a little while" translates to about a year for me) And then I motioned, "At least I'm not this big anymore."

"Yeah, you're not one hundred big!"

Nothing like a 4 year old's honest convictions to boost your postpartum self esteem.

14 comments:

Heather B said...

Congratulations! She's just lovely, and so are you. Take care, and try to rest...yeah, right!

Laurel said...

Hey, I think you look great. I'm so glad we bumped in you at the ped's office so we could see cute little Hazel. We would love to have Charlotte and/or Ellie over to play sometime!

Niki said...

OH Amy! She is gorgeous! And I love the name. Congratulations!! What a lucky girl to get to come to your awesome family!

Spencer and Chelsea Coon said...

I LOVE the name hazel...she just looks like a hazel. She is such a pretty little thing...Congrats!

Destry said...

Congrats! Looks like she's alredy running the house. Enjoy the little one.

Leah Miller said...

YAY!! LOVE the name.

Cherie said...

Wow! The last time I checked your blog, you had just made the announcement that you were pregnant. She is the cutest little thing ever! I can't believe my baby is almost one. I hope you have a great recovery!

Rhonda said...

Those are such sweet pictures of the kids holding her. What a cute baby.

Dawn said...

she is so cute, and you do have a cute family!

Angie said...

Atleast it isn't your 8 year old asking those questions like mine does.

Tyler Brown said...

she's Beautiful! congrats!

Jenner said...

that was jenner, but Tye says congrats too!

Nicole said...

Amy! She's gorgeous! I'm thinking back to Charlotte...didn't she have lots of dark hair? So fun to see the different combinations in these sweet little people. So happy for you!

Trixie said...

She's gorgeous!! All your kids are so darn cute :) Love the pictures.