Monday, October 4, 2010

It isn't real.

There's no such thing as Autumn come September 23rd in Arizona no matter how many pumpkins we pick, how many pictures we take in the corn patch and how many wreathes adorned with red, gold, and orange we hang from our doors. You fellow Arizonans know what I'm talking about. Can feel my pain even. We've all tried desperately to bring on Fall. I hate to contradict the kids' teachers when Ellie comes home saying, "Mom, it's Fall now and the leaves are going to change colors and start falling from the trees!" But still, some effort has to be made. I want so desperately for it to at least feel like Fall. And so I take the pictures and hang the wreaths.

These pictures were taken near Young at Mom's house where it's about 10 degrees closer to being Fall. Thanks Mom for the pumpkins!




Pumpkins with cousins.

I'm loving Char's faces lately. This one here matches the way she feels about Halloween. A little apprehensive. She has informed me that she's not going to Halloween because there will be scary witches.



Mom, baby Noelle, Char, Ellie, and Grandpa Dale

5 comments:

jana said...

That was such a fun weekend! We loved watching the kids pick their pumpkins. The pictures are so precious. Thanks for coming! Love you and your cute family 2 lbs cot!

Jill Ison said...

Charlotte cracks me up. She is very expressive. She feels about the exact opposite of how Lucy feels about halloween. Actually Lu wants to be a witch :) haha!!! very cute pictures Amy you have some amazing subjects to work with!!!!

Cherylyn said...

We feel your pain. I have fake Autumn flower arrangements in my house, and yet it is 90 degrees and thunderstorming outside every afternoon here. There's no real pumpkins to be had in Jakarta. But plenty of Orchids! I remembered you guys have that book on Orchids and how Josh was/is? totally into them. So I guess it's a trade off.

Heather said...

We hear you. I soaked up every bit of autumn - real autumn - that I could the three weeks I was in New England with the kids. It was heavenly!

Heather B said...

I remember feeling this way every year in AZ. When you're still sweating while the trick or treaters come around, it's just not right. Right now, though, I'd be happy to trade you some AZ sunshine for some UK lovely leaves... Take care!