Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Somehow

I'm pretty sure this was one of those times when Jonah was just too tired for his own good, but because I didn't let him get out of the car with me to walk two steps to the movie drop box, Jonah began shouting at me "Mom, I hate you." (which Ellie then proceeded to echo) and, "Somehow I don't like you, Mom."

To this Jonah, I would reply, "Somehow, I still love you to pieces."

The rest of the evening was bliss. We took baths, read stories and went to bed without so much as a "Mom, I have to do tinkles (again)...or Mom, I need a drink...or Mom, come lay down with me and tell me another hunting story." I felt like saying, "So, you still hate me then? That kiss goodnight and the 'Mom, carry me to bed like a baby'... that was all your way of showing me how much you hate me?"

I'll take it.

The little monsters, minus Char ...Josh excluded :)

9 comments:

littlest said...

can't wait to see you!!!!

Heather said...

I'm glad you posted this. I had pretty much the same scenerio happen a couple days ago, except it was dropping a letter off in one of those blue post office boxes on a busy street. I wouldn't let Brody out to drop the letter off. He kept saying he hated me, to which Brooklynn followed and stupid was thrown in there a few times.
Parenting is hard, that's all I have to say!

Laurel said...

The flowers were left on the book intentionally. When I saw them at the store I thought of you guys and then I remembered that I STILL had Josh's book on orchids, and because they came in a bunch of 4 or 5 there were enough for a few for both of us.
And we do need to get together again, soon.

Larsens said...

that is so funny!! kids say.. and do.. the funniest things!

Shawni said...

Amy, darn it, no pink blanket in Japan! I lost my favorite patchwork blanket in an airport too. Man it's so sad.

Love the "somehow" stuff. How do kids come up with that stuff?

Shaun and April Payne said...

What a funny kid! I would love to invite ya to the blog, I just need your email. Mine is aprilbrea@cox.net

Andrea Williams said...

Hi! I found ya.......you are such a great friend and always so good about checking in with me. That means so much. Okay- you are just funny and I love your posts about parenting. I could omit Jonah and insert Ryan and it would be me!!! Love it.
Andrea

Kate said...

Hey I just saw your comment! Your blog is cute. It's hard to go wrong with such cute kids to photograph. I'm glad your in scouts now :)

KP said...

Oh my goodness. I have been away from blogger land too long. That was precious. Will you PULEEZE write a book? I'll still think you're wonderful regardless, but it would sell girl. Seriously.