Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wintry Weekend

Growing up I thought you had to go to Utah to find snow. Years older and wiser, I've learned that my beloved Arizona holds, if only nominally, some wintry pleasures! We spent last weekend up at Pine Top with most of my family and had such a wonderful time. The kids could hardly contain their excitement at the prospect of snow, and when they woke up to it Friday morning, they were all smiles. Not to say we didn't have our fair share of tears...mostly Char's. She had kind of a love/hate relationship with the snow...

Half smile, half tears. That pretty much sums of the bulk of the trip for her. She did enjoy eating the snow, however.



Prepping for a huge snowball fight with cousins...




My beautiful nieces...

And another...

Building a snowman (...from three, already-formed snowballs. Yes, we stole some one's broken masterpiece. But if you knew how arduous a task it was just to plow our way through to its far off location in 3 ft. deep snow and me in nothing but jeans and some waders, you'd take pity on us!).


We felt instinctively that the snowman was a Bill and Mary fan.


Singing a little Thumpity, thump, thump as requested by Ellie.


The hill off which Jonah caught some "major air." Three feet off the ground is what he'd tell you.

15 comments:

Cherie said...

I have to say I love the snowman's eyes! Glad you could enjoy some winter weather, now if I could only enjoy some warm weather.

Annie said...

Amy did you take those pictures? They're so good! Looks like a fun trip!

Erika said...

I have been so out of blogging. How fun to see your great new header and you're awesome photography. Looks great! And looks like some great times in the snow.

BTW--still planning on soccer--I just have to still come to an agreement with John on it.

Also, do you want to do T-ball through Gilbert Rec. Sign ups online through tomorrow or Sunday I think. $40 and it starts in April. Not sure if you can request teams/friends.

Talk to you soon ;)

Elizabeth Moon said...

Those are beautiful pictures and it looks like so much fun! I wish we could come for spring break again this year!

Kristin Leigh said...

WOW! Awesome pics, Mimi! What a great photographer you are! And of course the little models are so adorable! I'm glad I got to see what you guys did up there! I wish we could have spent more time with you while we were there, but it looks like you had a lot of fun!

Kate said...

Looks like a lot of fun Amy! Holy cow your pictures look so great! I guess you got that camara pretty well figured out. Great job :) Thise pictures of Char are the cutest!

Nicole said...

Oh, Amy! I love your pics! Are you loving your camera? It sounds like such a fun adventure. It seems AGES since we've had snow. None this year. And snow like that? Haven't seen it for years. That is SO weird after growing up in Idaho to think my kids are clueless as to the snow. I think we need to take an adventure like that!

Angie said...

isn't snow just so much fun!!!!! Our kids are loving it!

Jenner said...

your pics are great. what kind of camera/lens are you using? my kids spend a lot of time eating the snow too.

Amy G. said...

I have a Nikon D90 that I'm loving but still no absolutely nothing about. The lens is an 18-105 mm and i also just got a 50 mm for Christmas. I just wish I knew how to use it!

Jill Ison said...

your pictures are fabulous! yeah az is not without snow thats for sure. we have yet to take the kids to go play in it. looks like fun though.

Alishia said...

Apparently you got a new camera. Your pictures are amazing! I'm so jealous that you got to go see the snow. I'm hoping to do that this year, too, but we are running out of time. Your snowman was adorable and your kids are so happy.

I wish we could have had more time to talk with you at Grandpa Greer's party. My kids were a handful that night, so I didn't talk to anyone.

Kelee said...

Amy, I just stumbled onto your blog! So cute! Your family pic is adorable! Looks like you had a great time in the snow! How fun! I swear we've gotta get our boys together!

Amy G. said...

kelee, yes! we need to get the boys together. how about next week...monday or thursday afternoon? we'd love to have ryan over!

Melissa said...

seeing all that snow makes me so glad winter is over.