Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's a lazy Saturday. Actually, it's been a lazy weekend with Josh on a camp out, Ellie a fever and me not a whole lot of motivation other than to "finish up" ten or so more loads of laundry. So this afternoon I put down Char, turned on Dora Saves the Snow Princess (last night's movie pick) for the third time that day, and went upstairs for a glorious nap. A while later Jonah comes up and asks if he can make us all some ham sandwiches for lunch. Why yes Jonah, you can. He then comes up about five times more, each time saying, "This is the last thing...can you open the cheese, can you open the mayonnaise, can I microwave it?" Etc., etc. Finally, I hear him getting everything put away and one last time he comes up with kind of a nervous look and asks, "Mom, did you still want a sandwich?" I guess in all the excitement he forgot mine.

It was sweet and I was just happy he could assist me in my weekend of laziness. Thanks, bud.

Yup, definitely used the microwave...

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I love your pictures and stories. You have such a knack. I just love it! Countdown to this weekend. Can't wait! Love you- Andrea

The Field's said...

Hi Amy. It's nice to hear from you. Thank you for the kind words. You family is so precious! We want more kids so bad. It's a work in process:)

Heather B said...

Let's hear it for lazy days! I try to sneak one in every now and then; well, it's usually only during naptime while all the rest are at school, but I'll take what I can get! What a sweet boy.

Kathryn said...

How cute! Jonah is such a great kid - must be because he's got such great parents!

Leah Miller said...

That is too funny. I hope you got a little bit of a nap...even if it was in 5 minute increments.

Angie said...

Take those naps anytime that there is an opportunity. Addie seems to do the same thing with me.....once my eyes close...mom....mom...mom. BTW: heather B: love your wonder woman pic!

Jill Ison said...

you are sooooo brave! I am a little too skeptical about what happened to any food type items to eat any offering big or small from my kids. Lazy days are really really nice sometimes!