Friday, May 1, 2009

Copper, cotton, citrus, climate, cattle.

In my attempt to discover new reasons for loving Arizona other than the 100 degree weather in May, I've come up with one. Citrus. It's one of Arizona's 5 C's you know and I've got it in my backyard. Well, everyone does but I didn't know I did until this year when my two trees decided to produce.


I'm thinking they're lemons. And I'm ecstatic because from the look of things, we may actually get some next year too!


Ellie brought me one of these and told me we had "green berries" on our tree...


And while I'm on the agricultural subject, I should mention that we finally started a garden! I use the term "we" very loosely as it was pretty much Josh that did it. Cucumbers, carrots and watermelon. We're starting off small because let's be honest...our past record shows little to no success in the garden department (unless you count accidentally growing pumpkin from the compost pile a success).

It's alive! (You have to look pretty closely to see any evidence)


Now let's just see if I can keep it that way.

5 comments:

Destry said...

But you have to admit that that pumpkin was quite impressive.

Nicole said...

Mmmm....fresh lemons!? How fun! I'd be makin' up lemonade every day. And good luck with your garden. We've got one too....it's four pots. :o)

Jenner said...

I am LOVING your pictures. great job on the tri. please invite me when you go private. i will send you my email on FB. loves-

Alishia said...

How do you do it all, kids, house, hubby, symphony, garden, the list goes on and on? You are definitely moving to the top of my Supermommy list.

Amy G. said...

Alishia, you must not have been reading very carefully. Josh did the garden, Josh watches the kids while I'm at symphony and I can't say I do the house and kids thing nearly so well as I ought. So the answer to that question is...I don't! You're the one with the twins. You totally win hands down :)