Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I love the little Mother's Day questionnaires they do in Preschool. Where certain questions about Mom are asked that are sure to produce wild, unbelievable yet sadly revealing answers? I got a little insight to what my kids were thinking about me this year...

Ellie's

My mom's favorite food is...salad.
My mom's shoe size is...3.
My mom is ...7...years old.
My mom's favorite thing to do is...cut paper.
My mom does what all day...clean the washer.

Not too bad I don't think. And then there's Jonah's.

How old is your mom...89.
What color is her hair...brown.
What is her favorite thing to do at home...work.
What is something she does not like to do...not letting me play Wii (I'm pretty sure he got his negatives mixed up).
Where is her favorite place to go...to the gym.

I'll have you know a few things, Jonah. Despite my cracked, wrinkly looking feet that according to you are "old," I on the other hand am not. I wouldn't put working straight up at the top of my 'favorite things to do' list either. Think, steaming hot bath with a good book and you're getting there. And while, yes technically you could probably call my hair color brown, my driver's license says otherwise and will until my dying day (probably true considering there's something like a 40 yr. expiration date on AZ licenses). So other than my not wanting you to play Wii every hour of every day, I'm afraid you've missed the mark a bit. But that's okay. I can understand that the perspective of a 5 year old is well, a little skewed? I suppose the same could be said of 28 year olds as well. For example, when I took you to that violin camp all day with Ellie....I honestly thought you were going to love it! You don't remember? Here's a picture...


Certainly you remember what you said to me as we were leaving? "Mom, that was the meanest thing you've ever done to me."

I haven't forgotten.

But thank you for Mother's Day! It means even more to me that my little "leprechaun" would be so excited to clean up the house for me knowing all the mean things I've done to you! I love you so much. You totally made my day, sweet boy.

I'm not sure what exactly this contraption around his waist is supposed to be, but I thought it was hilarious. The princess purse especially is a nice touch.

Yes, I did put most of that together for him and yes, it did take nearly all day. Totally worth it.

6 comments:

Heather said...

His picture at the violin camp is hilarious. A picture is definitely worth a thousand words!

Heather B said...

I had to laugh when my Josh came home from kindergarten with the traditional Mother's Day card. It informed me that my favorite thing to do is make dinner. yeah, right. Good thing they're cute, huh? Take care.

Jill Ison said...

that is so cute. Lucy always says that shes 2 and I am 5! its awesome! love the violin camp comment and you are a god good mom for helping put that lego thing together! your photos look great btw!

Nicole said...

So CUTE! Seriously, your kids are awesome.

Kate said...

You are one awesome momma :) I'm glad we get to work together in Scouts!

Lena said...

Hey Amy, I hopped on from Cherie's blog...anyhow, I just had to laugh over the kids' answers. I love to read what my kids think are my favorites and least favorites. Also, I love Jonah's outfit! It must be a boy thing to come up with masculine outfits made up of random girl toys! And, you must be a horribly mean mom to sign your kid up for a really awesome camp! Who does that?