Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cute Lil' Things

As I was singing Ellie "Families are Forever" tonight for her bedtime song, she said very matter of factly, "Mom, I want to share my life with Jonah." Oh good! Cause some days I'm wondering if they want to spend even an hour with each other, let alone their whole lives. I was touched and marveled at my sweet little babes.

About a week ago we had plums starting to ripen on our tree, but as soon as they do the birds are there to peck them to pieces. I was expressing my frustration and Jonah said, "I know Mom! We can build a trap for the birds." And this was the idea he came up with.


He wanted to fake out the birds by building a nest with Easter grass and eggs that would surely lure the birds in at which point we'd cover them up with a towel and take them prisoners. He spent a couple of days watching and waiting for his contraption to work. He mentioned that one did get close. I love the way his mind works. Priceless.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Love the easter basket in the tree

Nicole said...

Ha ha ha! Go Jonah! Please don't tell him about the birds on our deck who built a nest. I hosed it. Cruel, huh?

Jenner said...

that is so cute. love the basket trap. i know what you mean about the yellow light on some of the pictures. i get that too. i think it has to do with the white balance. don't quote me though.