Monday, June 8, 2009

"I'n Tuuu!"





Seriously this girl turned two and thinks she rules the roost. It's been coming on slowly, but man...tell a girl it's her birthday and it's all over. She informed us more than once that it was her day--to get the mail, to choose the pink dishes, to open the presents, etc. She couldn't be cuter and I love her guts.

My first attempt at the birthday cake...


And my second...


Personally, I think I did a much better job the second time around.

And what's up with the funky coloring in every photo? This is what I get for trying to shoot without my trusty auto function. Nicole...help!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

First off...I'd eat either cake. And Charlotte is too cute for words! How can she be TWO?

And don't think you can't shoot in auto. Go for it if you need to. If you are messing with settings, just make sure your white balance is set for indoor light. If you want your flash to fire, there's a button on the side you can it and it will pop up. If it's all too complicated....shoot in auto. :o) Your pictures look fabulous Amy. Keep it up.

Kathryn said...

I love your first cake! And even more I love that you posted it, bc I have tried that barbie doll cake & failed - yours was better than mine, though.

Char is so beautiful! Cannot believe she is two!

I agree with the earlier comment - your pictures are darling.

Jill Ison said...

your barbie cake totally cracked me up!! i love that you took a picture of it too! but im all about chocolate shavings... yummy... i wonder if your pics are orange because your white balance was set to cloudy. remember how it was set to cloud today? white balance is basically the camera trying to correct for color. if you set it to cloud the camera assumes there are shades of blue and violet (i think) so it used a warm filter to adjust for that and warm it up. think of white balance as a color correcting filter. always remember to switch it to incandescent if your shooting indoors with the lights on. or like i said earlier auto works pretty well. especially if your switching form direct sun to shade alot and stuff. hope that didnt further confuse you.

but i also want to say Charlotte is so darn cute!!