Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Firsts

My firstborn is in Kindergarten....ahhhgggg! No worries. And no tears. School lets out at 10:43 AM for crying out loud (yes...I will cry about that)! Half day Kindergarten. I've discovered, it's not such a bad thing. Set aside the fact that I barely have time to do one load of laundry, I've really enjoyed having plenty of time with Jonah for practicing, reading, play dates, etc. That being said...I'm looking forward to first grade.

Meanwhile, Jonah absolutely loves school and he's setting a great example for the three behind him. Ellie constantly talks about Jonah's "Kinter-garden" and can't wait until it's her turn.


Jonah's super cool "Clones" backpack. Will this kid ever get over Star Wars???




Getting ready for our first walk to school. I love that the school is a five minute walk from our home (well, it would be if Jonah could focus on walking and not everything else around him).

Jonah with his new friend from down the street.


One last peek through the gate as I sign my son's life away to the public school system.

6 comments:

Cherie said...

Wait, did you say THREE behind him? Is there something you want to tell me? James is sooo excited for Kindergarten too.

Rhonda said...

That is what I was going to ask...the 3 behind him? Is that your way of sharing some news?

Kate said...

He is one spiffy lookin' Kindergartener! Is Ellie next year?

Unknown said...

I thought the same thing...Three? Also, I was just thinking about you guys this morning, wondering when your sweet boy's first day of kindergarten would be.

jana said...

What a cutie!!! He is the best looking kindergartener I ever saw. Give him a few hugs for Grandma. and tell him I love him!

littlest said...

will starts on monday!! agh! i think i am going to cry as he gets on that big bus. when did they grow up amy?