Monday, December 21, 2009

Deck the Halls

Ellie has been decking our halls with various ribbon scraps she finds laying around the house and is convinced..."Santa's going to be like, this house has the prettiest decorations!" I quite agree, Ellie.


























































































































































































Jonah had an interesting derision of this particular carol. Rather than 'Tis the season to be jolly, he's been inadvertently singing "Change the season to be jolly." I'm loving it, especially considering my efforts of late to make this holiday as stress-free as possible. We've been having a blast. This week, like everyone else I'm sure, we have something every night. This is how I've decided to approach the busyness. Do we have time for it? Yes. Are there any major conflicts? No. Do we want to be there? Most definitely. So, what's left to be stressed out about? Nothing. We're changing the season to be jolly this year and reaping the benefits.

And these are just some fun pictures of Jonah with the geckos we found in our wood pile. He's fearless with these reptiles.


























4 comments:

Jill Ison said...

oh my gosh ellie is so adorable! what a fully girl. i lobed your christmas card btw! you did such a good job!!!

Elizabeth Moon said...

That is so awesome. Merry Christmas from your friends in Northern Virginia! We love you!

Nicole said...

You are so awesome. Seriously. Love your attitude. I learned a lot of things this year that I'm going to be better about next year. (Here's to hoping anyway).

And those ribbons ARE lovely!

jana said...

Love your blog Amy. It's so fun to see the the pics of my adorable grand children!