Thursday, September 20, 2007

"Charlotte Blue"



I love to hear Jonah and Ellie sing to Charlotte. Here's their favorite:

Charlotte Blue,
I love you.
Cross my heart,
Yes I do.
All the bells in the steeple are waiting to chime,
And all the people
Are buying pretty presents all for you,
Charlotte Blue.
Won't you give your answer, do.
And with all the people waiting
To start the celebrating
When you say I do love you.

Apparently more than half the words are made up (a combination of "g.g.'s" remembrances and our own invention), and Ellie usually only gets about the first little bit, but it still melts my heart.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

that is definitely heart-melting. she is really growing up, huh. Atticus turned seven months yesterday.

littlest said...

oh my cute! i want to hear them sing!