Friday, September 7, 2007

Say, "cheese!"

Yesterday I was upstairs unpacking boxes when suddenly it occurred to me that it was all too quiet downstairs where the kids had been playing. Oh well, what's the worst they could be into? I walked down the stairs to Ellie, huge Costco bag of grated cheese in one hand, the other hand stuffing her mouth full of cheese. I suppose no harm done, right? WRONG. Not only had she helped herself to mouthfuls of cheese, she'd left a trail behind her ALL over the house...all over the floors, on the couch, the kitchen table, up the stairs...cheese everywhere! I don't know when I've been so ticked off. Once again, where's the camera?!

Unfortunately, the day didn't end there. Later that day, while trying to make an important phone call amidst Jonah's torturing Charlotte while nursing and then his turning the little vacuum on and off so as to make it impossible to hear, I finally just kicked him out of the room. He banged and kicked the door to get in and then gave up after a while. So, when I was finally done, I shouldn't have been surprised to come out to a trail of saran wrap, winding up and down the hallway and around the kitchen. Again...Costco sized. I'm beginning to believe, Costco's really to blame for all my problems of yesterday!

Jonah summed the day up pretty well later that night when he confessed to Josh, "I got in a lot of trouble today, Daddy."

6 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

Hahaha! That's classic. If you had caught it on video, you could have won $10,000. :)

Nicole said...

Oh Amy, I shouldn't say "I love it!" but I do! That is too funny....maybe not at the time, and maybe not if it was my house.....:o)

Heather said...

Someday you will look back and laugh! I'm glad you're not the only one who has days like that! It's so fun that you're a blogger now. I am totally new at it too, but it has been fun.

Trixie said...

You have to be able to laugh or all the craziness might just make you go insane! Your kids crack me up!

Cassi said...

I'm sorry, but I laughed so I cried. I just had images of cheese and plastic wrap in little trails around the house. And little Ellie looking perfectly innocent! And Jonah unabashedly admitting his part in the mayhem to Josh. Too bad there weren't any pictures! However, I'm pretty sure the memory is indelibly imprinted in your mind!

littlest said...

mmmmm...sounds to me like a mother of 3!!!!

ps. "littlest" is my name from my fam blog--but this really is joni