Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I've been "tagged!"...ergg!

So I think I'm supposed to write six things about myself that maybe not everyone knows and then tag six others to do the same. But then the first thing about me is that I hate forwards and little gimmicks like these that we're supposed to pass on. It's not that they're not fun, I appreciate reading others' but seriously I just can't stand the pressure. See Elizabeth, look how long it has taken me to get to this and I've felt guilty every day I've put it off!!! Is it worth the guilt...no, but here I am feeling guilty anyway.....SO, I'm sorry Elizabeth but I'm ending the tag on my line! And of course I still love you :)

On to number 2... Just about every other day I'm struggling not to yell at Jonah. He knows how to push my buttons and often does.

number 3... I play LAST chair in the Mesa Symphony and try my darndest not to show how much I'm really faking the parts. To my credit, I do wish so badly I could lock my kids up in a room for a few hours to allow me time to practice, but I just think that's mean.

number 4... I want to cry every time I think about Virginia and all my friends I used to have and how I don't have any now.

enough with the depressing...

number 5... Bedtime is my favorite time of day (both my bed time and the kids). I LOVE laying down next to Jonah, singing him songs and having him wrap his arms around me and tell me he loves me as he falls asleep. It makes number 2 (see above) worth the struggle.

number 6... I love to read, but I'm an embarrassingly slow reader and often don't finish the book before (or even after) it's due date and end up returning it half (or sometimes 1/4 ) way read...like the book I just finally returned to the library today. Again, to my credit, this was my third attempt but the stinkin' book drop was out of order each time I tried and there was never time to go in! Goodness, life can get frustrating over the silliest things!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

Aw, I loved it. Thanks for sharing. If it makes you feel any better, your friends in Virginia love and miss you too!!!
I actually don't like the pass it on things either but sometimes I feel guilty if I don't participate. Hmm, so who DOES like those things???

Melissa said...

ahh... those were really heart-felt things. and i'm sure you have tons of friends in AZ - and family!

Nicole said...

Hey, I got choked up reading your post. What am I going to do when I have to leave here....althought half of you deserted this year anyway. And am I supposed to feel badly about locking my children up for several hours so I can get things done? ;o)