Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Break 2008

Not that Fall Break means much to a Mom with three kids at home. Still, any chance to get out of the house is very much appreciated. And then when we get to spend that time in a chilly place up in the mountains where it really does feel like Fall...well then, a break it is! Get ready to scroll down through a mound of pictures.

Reasons to love Haigler...

Games...


Grandpa Dale's stick game that the boys loved. Throwing sticks...how can you go wrong?


The girls got into it too

Charley joins the fun.

The younger the better when it comes to playing cards. Here we are playing Uno with Phase 10 cards...Ellie's actually really good.





Four Wheeling...

Jonah loved his rides with Dad...probably not so much with me. Though Josh would disagree, I find it utterly unsafe putting the 'pedal to the metal.'
Fishing...

Not my personal favorite, but it makes Josh very popular with the kids.

Afton scored.

The craziness of these cousins...

Emma and Ellie dancing to some teenage silliness.

On a little hike to find the pumpkin patch that unfortunately was harvested a day too late for pictures :(
(Ellie, Jonah, Liam, Ethan and Luke)

Char, Ellie, Afton and Liam on Uncle Art's cool swing that he built.

Preston...always the best friend with my girls


Char being a door bell



Last, but not least...Scrappin'


Mikki scrappin' away. We all accomplished quite a bit!
'Twas a great trip that I was sad to see come to an end (except that it meant rejoining with hubby after a few days' absence). I'm cursing the 90 degree weather, but this is where I live and I'm almost sick of hearing myself complain about it...so, here's to cooler days ahead and a very mild, bearable Arizona winter.

5 comments:

Chapman Family said...

How fun!! I'm totally jealous that you guys to to go to a cabin with family. Looks like you had an amazing time. And in a few months I will be wishing I lived in AZ again. LOL!

Cherie said...

I totally need a fun trip like that. No fall break here, but there are lots of pretty fall colors around

Jill Ison said...

Your kids are so cute! Yay for excuses to get out and have some fun right??? And yes I really do use unsalted butter... if I run out of costco butter and have to make an emergency run to the grocery store...which almost never happens... so no :)

Alishia said...

I bet it was so nice to get away! What a beautiful cabin to visit. Your kids obviously had a blast being outside and getting nice and dirty. That's a must when you are little, isn't it?

Mechams said...

What a beautiful place. Looks like you had a ton of fun. I hear you on the complaining about the heat. Ryan finally told me I needed to stop! I guess it was a little much!