Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Call me lazy...

but I really do not like having to wash Jonah's sheets every day he's had an accident, which lately seems to be nearly every night. So last night when he asked if I'd put his sheets on for him (besides the mattress pad which was already on), I said "No," to which he said, "Fine, I'm not going to bed! I'm going to stay up as long as you do! I'm going to watch a movie! I'm going to play the hunting game! I'm going to get something to eat!" and on and on and on. Like good parents, Josh and I just ignored him and eventually (like within 10 minutes or so) he ended up on the kitchen floor asleep...

I guess he got to go to bed with his sheets after all.

As if he hadn't caused enough trouble for his parents already, the next morning he woke up, stole the camera and took this fun little clip of Charlotte...all while I slept, completely unaware (as is the case most mornings I can't drag myself out of bed).


3 comments:

Jill Ison said...

Hilarious! Your parenting sounds similar to mine. that's too funny. I always hear about moms that say they have to get up super early because their kids get up early and I always say, why do you get up? I just ignore them. Odd... most moms just can't ignore their kids... glad to know I'm not alone! your blog always cracks me up!

Erika said...

Ha ha ha! Amy, you are so funny.

Nicole said...

Oh, that is so funny....both the sleeping on the floor and then video. Poor, tortured Charlotte!