Thursday, October 23, 2008

Spiders and Pumpkins and Skeletons...Oh My!

We have some sugar addicts in the home. Yes, I'm one of them but I think even my kids have me beat. Yesterday morning Jonah woke up early to sneak some of the Halloween M&M's that were left within reach the night before. On his way back up to his room, loot in hand, he ran into Josh and always the logical one, said very seriously, "Dad, you shouldn't have left the M&M's out cause I'm just going to eat them all."

And then again this morning they were left out (you'd think I'd have learned my lesson) and being only subconsciously aware that the kids were getting into them whilst I slept off my late night, I soon afterwards became fully aware of the situation when Jonah came in smelling of chocolate, fist full of chocolate. Of course it was Ellie's fault, not his.

At least they shared...


And more messes. Charlotte is now completely independent of my feeding her...as you can see.



Later today...

After arguing for a bit about whether Jonah's Halloween toy was a skeleton or a pumpkin and getting a little frustrated with the conversation I finally just said, "It is what it is, Jonah." To which he replied, "No...it's not what it's not."

What do you think...pumpkin or skeleton???

Or spider! AHHHHHHHH! (Let me just note that, despite its appearances, that black widow looking spider on his shoulder is not in actuality a black widow spider because there's no red on its belly...according to Jonah.)

10 comments:

Cherie said...

That is so funny! James just figured out where we keep the sprinkles, so he gets his morning shot everyday before waking us up, and I can totally see myself having a similar conversation with James about the pumpkin or skeleton. To me it looks more like a pumpkin, but I'm positive James would say it's a skeleton

Cherylyn said...

I am going to go with a skeleton OF a pumpkin!! How's that for straddling the fence? ;-) I think I am going to use the "It's not what it's not" line...I like it!

Heather said...

I'd have to say pumpkin-but what do I know! We had our ward trunk or treat tonight. I don't know what I'm going to do with all this candy for my sugar addicts!

Heather B said...

How about a "pumpleton" or a "skelekin"? Hey, with all of my kids and their arguments, I feel like my negotiating skills could land me a job at the UN or something. Your kids are so cute, and logical as well. Dangerous.

Jill Ison said...

yeah I agree with heather it's a "pumpleton"!

that spider would give me some serious heart attacks!

Elizabeth Moon said...

They're just all so cute! I miss their little faces!

littlest said...

that's a tough one...but i must say i like his reasoning about the m&m's.
miss you

Chapman Family said...

Ok, I'm rolling! I have to vote pumpkin but Scott says it's a skelekin. So there you have it. : )

Jenner said...

i would say pumpkin. wish i could go to the symphony of the southwest!

Angie said...

I love the pictures. It's not what it's not!!! YOu have to remember that one. You also need to check out my blog! Looks like I am not the only one that let's my kids find chocolate for breakfast. Even though yesterday it was bubble gum from my purse. Darn those kids in my purse.