Saturday, November 15, 2008

I won't go broke on clothes...

because Jonah wants nothing to do with them. He was in desperate need of new jammies so I came home with some cool batman p.j.'s and the kid is refusing to wear them. In fact, he's put a ban on all future new clothes. I can't say this surprises me really. Josh is pretty much the same way when it comes to handling even life's smallest changes. When I get him a new shirt he hates it for a day and then it's his favorite the next. These fickle men in my life! When Josh and I tried to explain to Jonah about growing up and out of old clothes he just said, "I'll get new clothes when I'm bigger, like when I'm fifteen!"

We'll save a bundle on Charlotte too because she doesn't like the frilly, expensive stuff. I learned this when I tried to put a poofy dress on her last Sunday and she consequently threw herself on the floor in hysterics, ripped at the dress and through tears shouted repeatedly, "No! No! No!"

Maybe Ellie will make up for the former two.

Frilly...check. Poofy...check.



And finally a little Halloween montage of my sweet babes!



There's a smile on this girl's face now (a bag full of candy can sometimes have that effect), but believe me--this was not the case just 10 minutes prior. Note the poofy-ness of this sweet little butterfly contraption. Enough said.




An exhausting day in the life of a pirate.

I just remembered this one from two years ago. I probably don't even need to mention that I was not providing parental supervision at the time...that would be Josh.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Jack and Jonah had the same costume!!! $15 at The Children's Place, right? That is too funny about the clothes thing. Just let Jonah wear his pirate costume ALL THE TIME. That is what Jack wore EVERYDAY for about 3 weeks before Halloween.

Leah Miller said...

oops...I just posted from Ryan's account (his first name is John). Anyway, that last post was from me.

Lara Neves said...

That last picture...made my heart rate go up.

Bria is that way about the frou frou. She HATES it. And she was not really pleased about her Halloween costume when she saw just how frilly it was going to be.

Amy G. said...

I was wondering, leah, who the heck john was! And yes, Children's Place...though I don't think I got as sweet a deal!

Heather said...

I'm with Lara, the last picture made my heart rate go up and then Destry and I just laughed that Josh was in charge.

They all look adorable in their costumes!!

Nicole said...

Nice dagger Jonah! Love it. And your kids are cuties in those costumes. Even if one of them DID cry about it.

Rhonda said...

Neither of my girls can stand the frilly dresses. I was just in Kohls the other day admiring all the beautiful dresses that they won't wear. I have to find soft dresses with hardly a seam in the waist b/c that bugs them too.

Grampa said...

Amy Kenny also refused to wear new clothes. It is a guy thing I think. The kids were adorable in their costumes. Aren't I a lucky Grandma? I love Elli's poofy hair! Love you MOM

Alishia said...

My boys are all the same. They love the worn in look, I guess. That's one think I love about babies, I can dress them in whatever I want and they don't argue with me!!

I love the costumes!

Heather said...

We just discovered that Esther has a thing with "itchy" dresses. I was trying to buy her a Christmas dress and every one of them was too itchy for her. If I came near her with anything that had the slightest bit of tulle or puffiness to it, she'd scream hysterically until I put it away. Finally, Children's Place saved me with a sweet and on sale red velvet dress. When I held it up for Esther's inspection in the store and asked if she liked it, she peeked inside the bottom and said, "No itchies in it!" We bought it. Whewph!