Saturday, October 17, 2009

Doesn't it look like Jonah could really adore a baby brother???


Unfortunately, he'll have to put that thought on hold cause we're having another GIRL!!! Yea for two bedroom homes (kids rooms, that is) and three little girls! I may really be hoping for a boy next time around (assuming I'm still sane enough for that).

Meanwhile, Jonah has contented himself with his new pet snake, Tiger. I know, I'm so full of surprises today and believe you me, the snake was a definite surprise. I've always maintained a very strict "No Pets" policy in our home, but I caved when Josh's uncle called wondering if Jonah would like to take custody of their 15 year old King snake. Well, that right there was promising. They only live 18 years or so. And the maintenance is quite manageable...if you can get over the live mouse being strangled to death about every other week. Charlotte thinks it's pretty cool. "Mouse dead?" she asks as she watches with her face pressed against the glass. Yep, we're raising some pretty tough kids who already at the age of two can understand and accept death as a natural course in life. Great.

The first day Tiger made our home his (or hers...not really sure) I though he'd escaped because I couldn't find him anywhere in the cage. I called Josh to tell him he was coming home that second. Luckily, I took another good look and saw he was hiding under the straw. No other close calls so far and for the most part I can content myself with the fact that Jonah is one very happy boy.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Little girls are wonderful, as you well know!

Lara Neves said...

Oops! That was me, although I am sure Joel shares in my sentiments.

Cherylyn said...

Congrats you guys! Can you pass some of the girl vibes over here?! :-)

Rob, Michelle, Luke & Harper said...

I had a feeling you were going to have another girl. She will fit right in with her siblings. I am so excited to meet her and Luke is excited to finally be related to someone he is bigger than.

Rhonda said...

Jonah will be the ultimate big brother protecting all those little sisters. Congrats on girl number 3.

Leah Miller said...

What!! Yay..congrats!

Nicole said...

Congrats on the girl, Amy! You make cute ones, so I'm excited to see the "product" in a few months. And that king snake scares me. You are a good mama.

Angie said...

you, my friend, are one brave Mama! SNAKES?!?!?!? Congrats on the new little sweet addition!

Erika said...

Congratulations!! On the girl and the snake ;-) Very cute pictures of your cute boy.

Heather said...

Yea for another girl!!

Brody saw the snake and is ready to be adopted by you guys :)

Julie said...

You are much nicer than I am. I would have said no before he could finish his sentence about asking if we wanted a snake. Congrats about another girl. I'm sure she'll be a beauty just like her sisters.

Alecia said...

Amy, congrats on another girl!!
We had a pet king snake growing up, Rex.
I remember the mouse/meal time thing well.
Also, he would escape from time to time and we would search for days before finding him...usually curled up inside someones shoe or wrapped in the coils under our sofa.