Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009

I have to admit, Halloween's not my favorite. The gore, the cheesy Walgreens decorations, the bucket loads of candy that inevitably I end up eating, the endless costume parties...it's all a bit much for me. This year however, I took a more chilled approach. The kids wore whatever costumes they wanted to the various parties, we carved pumpkins last minute with no expectations of winning any contests, after trick-or-treating we sat around our fire pit in our driveway with good friends and family and a few days later we set up a makeshift store of toys/gifts that required payment in candy so that hardly any is left. All in all, I'd say Halloween was a huge success. The kids are now gearing up for Christmas, asking every other minute how far away it is. It's the most wonderful time of the year around here.



Pictures from Halloween...











These are from the Allred get together we had before trick-or-treating...




Just a few of the Allred cousins getting all geared up for some serious candy snatching.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog with nice pictures of cuties. Kids had a great time on halloween day. They are really looking cool. Now halloween ends. Hope you enjoy christmas too. Be ready to get gifts hampers from your near and dear ones :) Ihampers.co.uk

Katy said...

I can't stop eating the candy, yet I can't bring myself to throw it out. Halloween is fun, except for the candy part.

I heard Christmas music on the radio, and I was like, "Bring it on, baby." I love Christmas!

Niki said...

Awww...CUTE! Love the costumes Amy! And I agree. Halloween is not my favorite either. My kids all got the flu right after and I tried to convince them it was from all the candy. I don't think they bought it. :}

Erika said...

Cute costumes!! Love the girls faces! And what a great idea to have a candy store. Maybe next year...too late around here ;-)

Jill Ison said...

no expectation and wear whatever is the way to do it! you're such a smartie. i decided i would pay what ever it took to not have to deal with the costumes more than 10 min... of course that didnt go as planned. you should go to kauai for halloween. it like theres no such thing as halloween there. my kids insisted on dressing up but quickly found there was nothing to do in their costumes 'cept look adorable.

Nicole said...

Love it. The "store" idea is genius!