Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Bjorn Identity



This is how Edith and I have been getting along lately. The thing that has been keeping me sane is being able to count on a schedule. Feed her, change her, play with her, nap her, repeat. My life feels a bit like 'Groundhog's Day.' Problem is, Edith doesn't always check the schedule and often leaves us with minutes unaccounted for. Hence the Bjorn. I pop her in that thing and we're off, making dinner, cookies for recitals, doing the dishes, getting the mail. There are a few hazards associated with this routine. For example, today when I was unwrapping the eggs my hand slipped and may have whacked Edith in the face. Whoops. It took her about five seconds to forgive me and we were back on schedule. There was the time I looked down and thought I saw blood on her head until I realized it was spaghetti sauce. And often she needs a bath after the ordeal to wash off the film of flour that has lined her face. Still, all in all, I think it's a pretty decent solution.

So, the purpose of the above picture is three-fold. The first was to demonstrate how I'm getting anything done these days. The second is to chart Edith's growth. She's not unlike the Very Hungry Caterpillar who started off tiny and small but after eating her way through, well me, has accumulated some chub and is totally adorable. And the third was to make me see a picture of myself with the hope that I'll be motivated to get my rear in gear. I've started a Biggest Loser campaign and though I don't expect to shrink all the way down to my goal weight while still nursing, I'm hoping to at least start putting a dent in the chub that, on me, is not so adorable.




2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm so glad I checked your blog. And I feel super privledged that you sent me an invite and that you know, I know, you are good at keeping in real :)The getting food on the baby while making dinner made me laugh because that happened to me so many times. Your family is so adorable!

Heather said...

I should try putting Jacob in the Bijorn more often. At eight weeks, I still feel like all we do is sit on the couch while he nurses!