Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hello Again

I've been out of the blogging scene just long enough to not recognize the new format and I'm feeling very vulnerable about that. I miss blogging. Actually, there's very little I miss about blogging but a lot I miss about having my kids' stories recorded. I don't remember them otherwise! I'd love to blame it on being pregnant, but I'm not pregnant anymore. So then I could blame it on the five weeks of interrupted sleep that comes with newborn territory (whoever coined the phrase "sleeps like a baby" did not know what they were talking about). But the truth is, for as long as I can remember (which isn't long), I've always been this way. I have a very selective memory and sadly it doesn't always include the memories I love best.

I quit blogging because of a moral quandary I was having with myself. I didn't feel like I was being completely authentic on the blog. Either it was a privacy concern, a fear of sounding too depressed, too pompous...there was always some reason or the other to hold back. Well, if it's my family journal I want to be able to write whatever I darn well please. And that is how blogging fell off the totem pole of priorities and into a dark abyss where it has stayed for almost two years. But like I said, I miss the stories and I miss the creative aspect of writing. So it's possible that I'm back...but just to those who know me best; my family and friends with whom I won't have any problem sharing the good, the bad, the ugly. The people who know me well enough that I can let go of the barriers and inhibitions I previously felt. So, here's to you and here's to a hope of capturing the memories while I've still got them :)


Speaking of which, you've all heard the song "Dynamite" I assume? I assume because I've only recently heard it which means the rest of the world has been listening to it for a while. Well, the kids are OBSESSED with it. I don't know what the lyrics to that song are. I've never been great with lyrics, but I'm pretty sure the chorus line is not "San Di-ehhhh-go, San Di-ehhh-go!" But this is how Charlotte sings it and with such confidence that the other kids follow suit. Anyway, Josh put together some choreography to teach the kids and then they all put a show on for me the other day. Hil-ar-ious. The kids were down right cute, but Josh...now that was a moment I will savor forever. Unfortunately, I didn't get much of him on video. But the kids were willing to show off.







2 comments:

Madeleine Lyman said...

They're so cute!
I remember making a dance to that song when it first came out...
Can't wait to see you guys!

Heather said...

My kids only know the parody of the song which is about Hanukkah. "I throw my latkes in the air sometimes, singing ey-o, spin the dreidel." It's an accapella group and it's awesome.