Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas 2007

I'm deciding pretty much to skip over Christmas since it's now January....wait I just had to check the calendar on the computer cause I was pretty sure it was only the 7th....so make it the 9th, and already my memory is failing me.

What I remember best was Ellie's two year old enthusiasm for Christmas this year. I think she unwrapped (or rather, tore to shreds) just about every present under the tree this year. She just kept going back for more. It's a good thing for big families, and generous grandparents or she'd have ran out of steam with no more presents to keep her going. She was a blast.

And Jonah, well he got his much anticipated transformers, three of them, and is even now a few weeks later still a very happy boy. Well...there was that one day. Jonah asked me to help him transform his jeep. After playing with it for 10 minutes and being even further from getting it right than when I had started I told him we'd just have to wait until Daddy got home from work to show us how. That didn't go over well. No tantrum, just the constant whining that, "Mommy, you need to go to work and Daddy needs to STAY HOME with me!" Not exactly one of my shining moments of motherhood. Luckily, he has since learned to transform them and is, I think, content to settle for a stay-at-home-mom.

So Christmas was fun and I'm sad it's over, yet I'm ready to be back into a routine again, even if that routine was more or less, play with the kids, clean house, play some more with the kids, watch that clean house go to ruin. Hey, we do the best we can, right?

Here are some pictures...

Jonah and Ellie in front of our "law school tree". Needless to say, (so why am I saying it?) I'm hoping for a bigger/fuller one next year. Will my chances increase if this one mysteriously makes its way into the trashcan? Hmmmm...

All the kids got to play a part in this years' nativity.


Jonah, transformer in one hand, new scooter in the other.

Ellie trying out her new bike.

Capturing the kids being really cute together after Christmas.



(I should have known not to start the post with "I'm deciding to skip over Christmas this year..." That's what happens when you try to go to bed at 10 pm and just can't fall asleep!)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

You are such a great writer. I wish I could capture all my memories so 'short and sweet' like you do. Your Christmas sounds fun. and I love that tree... we have a "dental school tree" (see blog) that is MUCH more pathetic than your "law school tree".

Heather Weir said...

Sounds Like you have some great kids on your hands. The Primary post was funny. Its cool Jonah is praying for his sister.
Christmas must be way fun with kids. I can imagine Ellie ripping into the gifts. I can't wait till thats my kids doing that same thing. Hope the Year goes wonderfully for you and that you do get that bigger fuller christmas tree!

Cassi said...

That is SUCH a cute picture of all three kids together! You have a beautiful family. And they are so blessed to have such loving parents!

Erika said...

Those kids are so cute! Glad you had such a great Christmas. The kids look thrilled.

Miss Kendra said...

Hey Amy. It's your wonderful violin student, Kendra :) I was noticing your wonderful writing skills also. . . and now mine as I just used to same boring word twice ;) Your family is adorable! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Valentines Day!