Thursday, January 31, 2008

"I love you" and "Congratulations!"

I thought this was appropriate with Valentine's Day quickly approaching. Jonah enjoys saying, "I love you Mommy." It's just one of those automated responses that he says when he has nothing else to say. The best is when he's sitting on the toilet, doing his poo-poos (sorry for the distasteful image now in your heads) and I hear from the other room Jonah at the top of his lungs...."I LOVE YOU MOMMY." I love you too Jonah.

So this morning while eating breakfast out comes "Mommy, I love you" from Jonah. "I love you too, Jonah." Ellie followed up in her sick, croupy voice, "Do you wuv me, mommy?" "Yes, Ellie I love you." And then Ellie as excited as can be, "She wuvs me!"

And I really don't know where this came from, but a bit later Jonah said, "Congratulations!"
"Congratulations for what, Jonah?"
"Congratulations for breakfast." (like, duh mom)
"Oh...er, thanks."

Here are some pictures of us sick, quarantined in our house this week...

We borrowed a few princess movies from Grandma for Ellie while she was sick. You could pretty much find the kids in this position all week long.


This is Jonah taking a picture of Ellie and me being sick together. And yes, I am brave for posting this no make-up, hair-not-done-in-a-week picture.


Char's got it too now :(

5 comments:

littlest said...

amy you couldn't look bad if you tried! i love seeing the pics of the kids...so...congratulations!!! for posting! could we please just get mary and ellie together please?! i think these two princesses would get along quite well!

ps...please remind me when your kids bdays are...and josh's too. isn't yours the 6th of april...i might be off a couple of days!

love you

Amy G. said...

Oh I wish you were just down the road still! Ellie and Mary I know would be crazy for each other. They'd dance around in their princess clothes all day no doubt. Maybe fight over the stroller a bit :)

Yes, mine's the 6th. Josh feb. 27th, jonah march 13, ellie sept. 22 and charlotte june 8 (same as klara's!)

let me know your family's b-days too!

love you back!

Melissa said...

oh man, i don't know how i became so lucky this year, but we have yet to get sick. maybe that's because i'm a hermit and don't leave the house, the so kids don't see anyone but me. ;) good luck.

BTW - I was thinking about you and Jill L. the other day. Do you still talk to her?

Cassi said...

Oh, Amy! Just reading this post made me smile. What cute, sweet little kiddlies! I love the part about congratulating you on breakfast! What a funny thing to say! :-)

Elizabeth Moon said...

you look great. I love the pictures. We are SO excited to see you soon!