Thursday, June 26, 2008

Spiders are for Kids

So is it the "incy wincy" or the "itsy bitsy" spider that climbed up the water spout? I'm never sure. Or is it in fact as Jonah recites it, the "incy bitsy" spider???

Maybe a strange thing to wonder, but then I wonder too why there are so many nursery rhymes about spiders at all. I mean, c'mon! They're not the friendliest looking creatures. And okay, so I can only recall two, but I think it must be the reason Ellie labels anything small, black and crawling around on the floor a "sfpider!" And the exclamation point isn't because she's excited to say hello.

And yet, the infamous "incy bitsy" spider rhyme is Charlotte's favorite. She laughs the hardest when the kids sing it to her. I wonder why that is?

Third time's the charm, Jonah.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Seriously cute!! Brody totally loves to sing solo's too. Nobody can join in or he gets pretty upset. Jonah is adorable.

Lara Neves said...

Sophie loves the eensy weensy (that's how I learned it) spider, too.

She puts her fingers together and says, Mom Mom! Mom Mom! Until I sing it with her. She loves doing the actions.