Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Charlotte turns ONE!

My baby is one...and I'm NOT pregnant (even if I do still look it)! This is quite the accomplishment for me. Josh made the realization a couple Sundays ago that I was fasting for the first time in about five years! Yes, that's how long I've been either nursing or pregnant. I had serious doubts about whether or not I could go the whole day without food or water and even had nightmares about how I wasn't able to the night before (Bekki, you were the reason for my demise...in case you cared to know). It was difficult, but it was also a really neat experience that I'm happy to be having more regularly now...for a little while at least :)

Back to Char, I love her to pieces and don't think she could be any cuter. Here are a few pictures to prove it!

Four years old? I forgot the candle last minute and this is what we had. So sorry Char!
What I'm not showing you here is the video of me accidentally letting Charlotte burn herself on the candle. Bad mom on two accounts...one more strike and I'm out?


The traditional "one year old stuffing your face with cake and ice cream" camera shot. It's good to teach these things at a young age.

You can kind of see it, but she was giving "cheese!" her best shot. It sounded more like, "eeeeeeee!" Still, pretty cute I think.

Both Grandmas gave her shoes for her birthday. She has a recent shoe fetish. During sacrament meeting on Sunday, I spent the hour putting Ellie's shoes on and off of Charlotte. Well, there was a few minutes break where Jonah was flying his plastic frog around in Ellie's shoe. Why Ellie's shoes? Not really sure. But again, it's good to teach these things at a young age...the obsession with shoes I mean :)


And one more because this girl is beautiful, wouldn't you agree Lolly?

8 comments:

littlest said...

happy bday charlotte!!! and way to go amy..being able to fast and all.:0) i feel the same! i was telling jesse since nelson stopped nursing in jan i have been able to fast 5 times!!! that's the longest time since we have been married!
sounds crazy.
we miss you guys so much. how is the weather down there?

Julie said...

Congrat's on not being anyone's food supply!! At least for a little while. Charlotte is so cute, I can't believe she is one already. We miss seeing you guys, your blog is so cute. Keep up the good work.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Charlotte! You are so sweet and adorable!

Trixie said...

Happy B-Day Charlotte. Way to go Amy on getting her started early on the shoes!! You can never have to many shoes. DIdn't you just have Charlotte, it has NOT been a year! Time is flying too fast!

Nicole said...

WOW! I cannot believe she's one! And Amy, you do NOT look pregnant. You look gorgeous. And for the record, I'm sort of enjoying not fasting. Shhh.

Heather said...

She's a doll! Happy Birthday Charlotte :)

Laurel said...

Char really is a cutie, thanks for letting us celebrate with you guys. Ellie was so cute too, getting the fairy dress out for Sadie to dress up!

Melissa said...

i LOVE that you used a '4' candle. that's as bad as me stealing candles from another kids' cake a chucki e cheese because i forgot to bring some.