Sunday, September 21, 2008

Recent Discoveries

#1 I am no longer a young buck who can stay up until 1 AM without serious repercussions. This was my discovery this morning when Jonah, then Ellie, came pulling on my arm desperate to tear me from the comfort of my bed in hopes of a little breakfast to solace their hunger.

#2 The end chairs are significantly cooler than the middle ones. So much so that Jonah will go to great lengths to snatch one up by switching Char's end chair for his middle chair (this is after he's already fought and lost a battle to Ellie for the first end chair), resulting in one miffed rising terror.


Speaking of said terror...some more discoveries.

#3 Food is not for sustenance but for creative discovery. I can no longer expect, upon seeing an empty bowl, that Char is now full of yummy goodness.



#4 "B" is the most important letter in Charlotte's name. Not there, you say? I beg to differ...

Binky, blanky, bear, bear...

...banana

All whilst perched on our kitchen table, where she can be found most hours of the day (and I'm only mildly exaggerating). More proof.


Bippity, boppity, boo was the game of choice here.


6 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

Wow, Char is looking so grown up and beautiful!

littlest said...

ah! i feel like i don't even know char....which is the truth. but it seems so odd since we watched the other 2 grow...
she is lovely.

Kate said...

Ha! Thats so funny because that's Sadie's favorite place to be as well. Maybe they are trying to feel big. Or maybe enjoy mommy's reaction when they get right up the edge.

Chapman Family said...

She is so dang cute!!!! I love that she has so many comforts. What a sweetheart.

Heather said...

Sadly my kids have to drag me out of bed to get them breakfast every day of their life, no matter when I get to bed!
I love all the pictures too :)

Alishia said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with toddlers on my kitchen table!!