Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How many times were you pinched today?

I've never been a big St. Patrick's Day fan. In fact this may very well be the first year I've even remembered that today was the day. Nothing against the Irish...I'm sure they're in my blood somewhere. Somehow it just wasn't a day I took notice of...until this year (thank you Rhonda). A friend put together this "treasure" hunt and now I've officially made my kids' lives better than my own. Just don't look too closely to see there's not a speck of green on either Ellie or Charlotte. I don't think they own any green clothes, and let's face it--I'm not that good a mom to go out and buy them some.


Here they are, so excited to get going.

The hunt is on. I'm actually surprised Ellie's bum crack isn't showing here. Maybe too much info. But, seriously I can't get anything to stay on that girl.

Stealing the leprechauns hard earned jewels. (Is that how it works? This is their stuff that we're hunting for? I don't think I ever got the story straight.)

I tried to be artistic here. I think the 50 mm lens would have worked better...or maybe not.

Why does every holiday have to be about candy? Am I the only mom out there that thinks this is ridiculous??? Cause we all know who really ends up eating it :)

Tonight Jonah said, "Mom, there weren't very many leprechauns today. We didn't see any!!" I tried to explain about them being sneaky and all. Again, did I get that right? Someone please set me straight on all this leprechaun business!

Oh...and I got rear-ended today. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

9 comments:

Angie said...

Oh!!! That stinks about your car! Hopefully the other person has car insurance, right?! I tried to get into the 'spirit' as well but ended up listening to my kids whining for 30 minutes about how disguisting dinner was. Mental note: don't do corned beef and cabbage next year. Just do a 'green' dinner.

Jill Ison said...

I missed that event! Looks like I missed out on some real fun times... darn not having a car! speaking of cars...looks like yours is feeling blue. that stinks.

Julie said...

Oh Amy sorry about your beautiful Mini.

Rhonda said...

I just kept making up different stories about St. Patrick's Day. I believe that the leprachauns had a big pot of gold and jewelery while trying to fly over that park. When they saw all those kids coming they got scared and dropped their pot of gold leaving the gold candies and green necklaces scattered on the mountain. Should have told that or some story to the kids but they were too excited to get going on the hunt to listen. Sorry about all the candy. I didn't know what else to use for all the gold. Glad you guys came.

Josh said...

Rhonda, don't be sorry about the candy...of course it was great! I only meant that I have no self control when it comes to the stuff :)

Amy G. said...

Whoops...that was me, as I'm sure you figured.

Jenner said...

super lame about your car. i know what you mean about the every holiday is a candy everywhere excuse. i hate it, especially with zac having the nut allergy. ugh. i like your one pic with the weeds. what kind of camera are you using?

Amy G. said...

Nikon D90

Shawni said...

Oh man I hate that you got rear ended! I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you're ok.

Looks like a fun St. Patrick's Day...and I love the b-day pictures for cute Jonah.