Friday, March 6, 2009

My only goal today was to have the kids get their rooms clean while I "supervise" (which means pretty much I clean while they play). Yet, here I am blogging instead because for probably the third day in a row now, Jonah and Ellie are playing so perfectly with one another I hate to interrupt (...and it's possible I might be a tad on the lazy side).

So, I'm on the computer getting stuff done when I hear Jonah give the pledge of allegiance for some game or the other they're playing. I love his rendition.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation...(pause)...under Heavenly Father...(pause)...and that's all!"

I'd say that about sums it up. At least he got the most important part.

Can I just say, I love my kids!!!

8 comments:

littlest said...

love it!

Lara Neves said...

That's the best pledge of allegiance ever!

Jill Ison said...

oh my gosh how cute :)

Angie said...

That is awesome! Don't you love what little kids say?!

Kathryn said...

I love your kids too. That Jonah kills me. Wish I had a little girl he could marry someday.

elle pothier said...

I love that! SO cute.

Ok, seriously, that race is amazing! Congrats on that. Man I keep telling myself I'm going to become a runner...I haven't quite made it there yet.

I'm so sorry about the photo class cancellation for tomorrow. I have a doctor appointment for Lucy I couldn't reschedule (I forgot about the class when I made it), and we didn't have a lot of sign-ups so I'm doing it next month for sure. I hope I didn't mess you up too much!!

I never get to talk to you at church...always too crazy. So I'm glad for blogs so I can at least keep tabs on people!

elle pothier said...

It's really Shawni, if you didn't guess....

Rob, Michelle, Luke & Harper said...

Ah, that is too funny. Jonah is such a little stud.