Monday, March 2, 2009

Re: Hijacked - Ragnar Del Sol

Just to clarify a few things. First, I didn't train daily. Second, I had by far the woosiest runs of the twelve. And third, Josh was most definitely the hero of the day, since not only did he let me run on his birthday, but he gave up a few hours of it to sit and watch only one runner come through. Probably not his most exciting birthday to date. So, thanks babe for letting me have my moments of craziness and supporting me so well through it all. You're the best and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Oh yeah, and Josh is doubly awesome because of the birthday presents he gets for "himself."

Pretty red shoes...



Wii Star Wars...



Water colors...



Is this the best dad/husband (did I mention there was a gift card to Anthropologie in the loot too?) or what? We love you Josh!!




And a few more pictures from the race.

This husband/wife couple ran together and it was so sweet to watch them cheer each other on...


A little pooped after my last run...


Can you believe these crazies??? I think they represented the "Whine, Whine, Wine?" Group...


Last runner, last run...


The kids look thrilled to have me back, don't you think?

Any takers for next year???

5 comments:

Cherie said...

I would love to do that next year! I need an excuse to come down to AZ again!

Angie said...

Is this how you got your hot body?! Maybe I should start running. Oh wait....it is only 45 degrees outside.

Denise said...

Hi Amy! Congratulations on the race! I read the blog of a woman in AZ who ran also. Her name is Melissa and she is a cake and cookie maker who makes the most awesome things. Her blog is called The Good Apple. Anyway, I thought that was a funny coincidence. Talk to you later!

Jene said...

congrats amy! that is so awesome...and such a great feeling I'm guessing (I have to guess since I have never done it!) :) You look great too! Your kids are getting so much older...and they are so cute. Wish we could see you all....but I at least better see YOU soon!

Melissa said...

you really need to hook up with april. she is the super runner. you guys could be great running buddies.