Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pima 2009

Last Saturday we drove out to Pima to place the headstone on Dad's grave (only four years later :)) I thoroughly enjoyed every minute we had to reminisce and recall tales of Dad that still absolutely amaze me. Anyway, here are some pictures that sum it all up.


To cut, or not to cut? That was the question. $80 bucks later and still no deal.

Sweetness itself.

Cassi and Alden lookin' swell.

Kenny and Cynthia reunited after a long army absence. So cute!

Bek and Char sharing some luvs.

Lizzy's excitement for Nimbus!

Meagan and Ellie...BFF.

My G.Q. brother, Ben.

Jonah found this windmill at the cemetery. My apologies if it looks familiar to anyone.

Mom placing the flowers at Dad's headstone. The rock is significant. It was Dad's favorite and I'm not sure why, but it was lugged to every home they ever had. I think he's very happy with it.
Dad's older brother and probably best friend, Uncle Bill. They are so much alike. It was great to be around him and so well reminded of Dad again.
The original Allred clan. Only Andy is missing. Darn that army job in Georgia!

And the whole Allred clan...give or take a few. It was a little windy.

Afterward, we drove up the road to Thatcher for a picnic celebration of March/April birthdays.

Matt and Mikki looking suave as usual!

I don't know what kind of a face I'm making, but Josh sure looks content.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I am sure it was sweet to be with extended family. And I know from experience, putting the headstone on just makes the gravesite more personal....in a good way, if that makes any sense. BTW: Do you know any Mullineaux's (sp?) from Thatcher/Safford? Or the Biggs family in Safford?

Kristin Leigh said...

wow, your pics are so much better, amazing that you can actually see who the people are in them! :) I'm glad you got some great pics!

Leah Miller said...

Just a couple of things...I think that is really neat about the rock. It is kind of funny that your dad brought it with you guys every time you moved. I like the kids hair in the first picture. You can't be young and irresponsible looking forever, or can you?

It sounds like it was a great weekend. It always feels good to reminisce on the good memories of someone who was so close to you.

Alecia said...

Amy,
What great pictures of a time together with family. Your shots captured the tenderness.
Thanks for sharing!

KP said...

Hey Amy,

I enjoyed the pics from the special day remembering your dad so much. I loved the ones you posted year before last as well. It makes me appreciate my own dad and all the special people in my life just that much more. And what a joy to see a family picking up the stick of life and carrying it on even after losing such an important part of them. Well done you!

And can I just say, YOU crack ME up!! Ha!

Love you, oh, and put me or invite me or whatever to you private thingy ma bob, o.k.?

Melissa said...

oh, i LOVE this post. I can't believe so many years have already passed! love the rock. and love love the picture of the family. we were thinking of calling up andi and going to visit him, since we're like 10 hours away.