Tuesday, April 29, 2008

All about Ellie

The Color Pink…

Lately Ellie has been obsessed with pink. She wants the pink straw in her drink and will throw a fit if she’s given a purple one. When we’re browsing clothing stores online she insists I click on anything pink from purses to skirts. Josh is the ultimate sucker for Ellie's pink obsession. The other day they came home with pink Strawberry Whoppers. Who even heard of them? But when it was time for her to pick out a treat, it had to be...pink! It’s got to be the pink balloon when we’re leaving the grocery store and as we’re laying down for her naps she looks around and points out everything pink in her room. She’s all girl. Am I in trouble?

Ellie’s People…

This is so typically Ellie. She can be found at almost any hour of the day playing with her Little People. And every time she has them arranged differently or packed away in some container or the other. She's very protective of them too. If one is lost, she searches high and low until it's found. Here are just a few of the many...

In the wipes...


In the diapers...


In her shopping cart...

In the shapes container...

Riding ponies...


Lounging on the net...


And kissing! Or maybe dancing...not really sure

Another video (I tried to make it more interesting with some calming James Taylor in the background). She calls her Queen her "Washer." I really don't know why except maybe it looks like she's holding a rag instead of a scepter. Even still I don't know where she would have gotten the idea. Not from me certainly!




That's How you Know...

Josh told me a cute story the other day about Ellie. He had put her down for bed when all of the sudden a few minutes later he heard her screaming. He ran upstairs to find Ellie, not screaming but singing at the top of her lungs, "That's how you know! That's how you know!" modulating a key higher with each new repeat. For you Enchanted fans out there, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Sing Sweet Nightingale
, from Cinderella is another of her favorites and I love to hear her when she gets to the "Ahhhhhhhhhh" ascending scale part. She's in earnest, singing her heart out, eyebrows raised and out of key. To die for! I love you, Ellie!

12 comments:

Annie said...

She is adorable! I love those pictures, she looks so much like you. There's nothing like Little People kissing/dancing. So cute.

Darcey said...

She's such a cute little girl! How funny that she loves her little people so much - and PINK!

Melissa said...

She is definitely your daughter... :)

aftonicole said...

I was at the AZ airport yesterday and thought about you! Just wanted to let ya know! You're the only person I know that lives there!

Shawni said...

She's so cute, Amy. I'm so glad you captured all this on camera since before you know it she'll be out of this stage. I love all the stuff she's into.

Oh, and I'm totally with you on eht blogging handicap of word verification. I can never get those darn letters right!

KP said...

Amazingly, although I hardly know Ellie, my heart is just full of love for her little-ness. Too precious to see her at play and hear her small voice. Thank you so much for sharing. And tell Jonah you know a very nice lady that would love to take him to the beach!!

Erika said...

Love that she is such a girl! She just cracks me up. So cute how much she loves playing with those Little People.

Chapman Family said...

AMY!!!! It's been way to long, like since Hawaii, Chica!!! I'm so excited I found your blog. Your kiddos are adorable!! Take Care, Tiff

Amy G. said...

wow! tiff, it's great to hear from you. i thought you were still in the carribean somewhere! your family is very cute. hope you're having a great time!

The Whatcott Fam said...

Ellie totally reminds me of my Raelyn when she was little. She LOVED little people and took would put them in the funniest places. I remember when Camille was a baby, she would cry everytime she was in her car seat...later we discovered there was a bunch of little people hidden underneath the carseat cover. That had to be uncomfortable!

Shaun and April Payne said...

Oh little girls... little Ellie is adorable!

Heather Weir said...

I can't believe how much Ellie looks like you. She's such a cutie.It just be fun to have such cute kids running around your house!