Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Training

I'm reading blogs, talking to friends and finding out that now is the season for potty training. Something in the spring air perhaps? Or maybe a dread for mysterious looking floaties in the pool this summer? So Monday I gave it a whirl with Ellie and all I have to say is, "What the heck?!" Why is everybody else's two-year-old a Potty Princess and mine...not so much? When Ellie had no success on the potty and lots of success in her underwear and on the floor, I decided we were done...D-U-N, done! I'm waiting 'till she's four, or whatever age it is that's easy. After the living h-e-double hockey stix it was with Jonah...easy is exactly what i deserve! So, the potty treats I bought for Ellie...all mine! I deserve those too.

This is Ellie from over a year ago. I think we've actually regressed.

6 comments:

littlest said...

ames--feelin' your pain. i swear everyone's two year old around here has been potty trained for over a year...haha.
mary seriously has NO interest. nothing can persuade her. so hopefully we can get them to be "princesses" before the age of 4!!! here is to hopin'

Annie said...

I obviously know nothing about potty training a child, but my mom does, and she always says that when they are ready to do it, they'll let you know. But I'm sure you're loving changing the diapers in the mean time.

Heather said...

You do deserve an easy one after a boy. If Jonah was anything like Brody..no fun! So day one was great for Brooklynn, and then I quit. Life is too busy and we are moving in a week. What the heck was I thinking! Maybe we can do group lessons while we're there :)

Shawni said...

Yep, I definitely agree...wait 'til she's more ready. AND eat those treats!

Nicole said...

Oh, that is so funny! Sorry...maybe it wouldn't be funny if she was my child. BUt oh, she's cute. And I think you SO deserve the treats. But then I'd find any excuse to eat treats.

Erika said...

Any treats left? I haven't had a Potty Princess, or Prince for that matter, yet. Natalie acts like she wants to and will go when she wants, but no consistency which means changing poopy pants and wet floors. Yuck.