Sunday, April 6, 2008

Querida


Josh, here - taking some liberties with Amy's blog.

Whenever we have friends over, someone undoubtedly asks, "How did you two meet?" This always provides me with an opportunity to explain some of my favorite things about Amy.

While it is true that Amy and I attended the same high school it is also true that we can never remember speaking to one another during school. Now this could result from our drastic social situations (Amy and her friends were some of the most popular in the school - me, not so much), or by the off chance that we failed to cross paths during our adolescent years. Regardless of the real reasons, we never did anything together until I returned from my mission and Amy returned from BYU.

After we began running with the same crowd, I finally realized that this was the girl from me and I rustled up the courage to ask her out. I started noticing some special things about Amy. First, she was brilliant. When we first started dating Amy lived in Queen Creek. I was extremely nervous about picking her up as I was concerned about the conversations in the hour drive to Phoenix. However, this was not a problem. She had some much to say and was completely at ease. She has the incredible capacity and desire to learn and grow.

Second, she was beautiful. Our first date she wore and red sweater and black pants. She has deep blue eyes that seem to jump when she is talking about something she's interested in. Fortunately for our daughters, Amy has passed this trait to Charlotte and Ellie.

Third, Amy is passionate. Whether it is music, are children, or occasionally me, Amy is passionate about life. She eagerly seeks for new adventures and experiences. Never one to shy away from a challenge, Amy breaks down difficult tasks or assignments and always finds a way to make things work.

After that first date, I was hooked. I have been ever since. Through the past several years, I have learned to love and cherish the spark that she brings to our family and to all those around her.

Thank you for all you do. Happy Birthday, Querida!

Josh

10 comments:

Annie said...

That is very sweet Josh. Amy is awesome, happy birthday!

Elizabeth Moon said...

*sniff*
So sweet. Isn't Amy the best?

aftonicole said...

Thats so sweet! Happy Birthday Amy!

littlest said...

happy bday babe!

Nicole said...

Oh, Amy, that is so special. Happy Birthday! How I wish you were HERE celebrating!!! Tell Josh I thought this was very nicely done. Quite a tribute.

Dawn said...

very cute and happy birthday!

Heather said...

Wow! Josh, you even remembered what she wore on your first date! Thanks for sharing your tribute. Yes, Amy is wonderful! Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

That was really sweet Josh. I agree, Amy is the best! Hope you had a Happy Birthday!!!

Erika said...

That was so great! So impressed that Josh knows how to post on your blog...not sure John knows how to read mine ;-)Hope you had a great b-day!

Melissa said...

what an awesome guy. i had to laugh at the story though, because it is so similar to ours - attending the same school and never talking to one another much. who knew we'd be where we are now??? hey, so we're coming back this summer for a few weeks. we should hang out some!!!