Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bag Tag

Elizabeth, knowing how well I enjoy these little gimmicks, has "bag tagged" me. Normally I might be stubborn and refuse, but I have an ulterior motive this time which serves not only to get back at Elizabeth for the embarrassing mess you're about to see but to right the wrong in this picture...


So, Elizabeth here's the deal...Josh bought me a Coach bag for my birthday knowing I needed a new bag and wanting me to have something nice, but also knowing that I'd never in a million years spend quite so much of our tax refund on a new bag. It was a sweet gesture but the purse wasn't exactly the right fit. Here's where you come in...help me find the perfect bag! I thought maybe you could even dedicate a whole post on Style Picnic for me. I'll send you details later if you're up for it.

And now for the tally...

water bottle
smelly Bath & Body Works lotion
Ellie's purse
Land Before Time
birthday card from Em (I love the lotion by the way, em!)
J.Crew credit card holder (thanks Elizabeth)
an assortment of toys including Lehi
snacks
pen
brown crayon
earphones for the gym
gum
diapers...but no wipes (that's gonna be messy)
costco receipt
dentist receipt
grocery list
wallet
some random socks that don't make a pair
tampon
pad
toothbrush
checkbook
phone (finally)
charlotte's snotty tissue
...and a bunch of other junk that I couldn't help throwing out before posting

Karolina, I dedicate this post to you. Your gift has served me well this past year...so well that the edges are worn, the wire protruding and it's time to say, "Farewell, lovely pink and navy polk-a-dot J.Crew bag! You'll be greatly missed!"

I bag tag Joni, Erika, Emily and because I'm quite certain yours will be clean, Mom Greer.

9 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

Haha! That's great. I especially like the Lehi toy. I, of course, would LOVE to do a post for you on bags...just give me the details: cost, colors, purpose...
oh, and that was really sweet of your sweetie!

Erika said...

We forgot wipes at church once....wet paper towels just aren't the same ;-) Can't wait to see your new bag!

Lara Neves said...

It's always amazing what we carry around with us, eh? :)

Melissa said...

yikes. does your shoulder hurt from carrying around so much stuff??

Ryan and Claire said...

Hello Amy. It's your long lost (OLD) sister in law CLU. I cant believe I came across your blog. I should have expected you would have one. Your children are adorible, and your little girl has your cute face. It was nice to see and read. My blog is private but if you'd like an invite my eamil is clairedeloon79@hotmail.com just send me your add.

Ryan and Claire said...

ok so i just looked through ALL your post - really just pics. Its crazy how much people change in such a short time! And I wanted to cry when you had your Dad post. I love Denny.

Heather said...

I was bag tagged once...and never did it! Ha ha. Mine looks pretty similar so don't feel too bad!

Nicole said...

OK...I have no idea why...but when I saw the Lehi figurine (is he holding the Liahona?) I just busted up laughing! The STUFF we lug, eh??

Amy G. said...

yes...that's lehi holding the liahona. it was my attempt to make easter more spiritual this year. not a big hit with the kids which is why it was hidden in the depths of my bag.