Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Meet Handsome...


...also known as Maxsome, also know as Mason. Really his name is Hampton, but every day Jonah goes through a few variations of this before finally asking, "What's his name, Mom?" I'm not sure what's so tricky about it.

Josh bought this Beta for his nursery class lesson, which was "I can be thankful for fish." Next week's lesson is "I can be thankful for bugs." I don't know why but that just makes me laugh. I want to be two. Life is so simple when you're two.

Anyway, I was a little leery to let Josh buy the fish because of the very strict "No Pets" policy in our home, but I figured how bad can it be? So now we're all just concentrating really hard on not letting Handsome die.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Word of warning! I loved my fish I got from my nursery class and was devastated to find it the next morning on the counter, nest to it's bowl. I had filled it with too much water that it the poor thing just jumped out! Good luck Handsome!

Lara Neves said...

Bettas are pretty low maintenance, and they are fun fish.

Just don't let your kids feed them black beans. Or probably anything but the betta food...Chloe put in a few beans from her dinner one night, and I thought I'd clean it out the next morning. But instead I went into labor and had Sophia. And the day I came home from the hospital we found Jesse dead. I cried and cried (of course, I just had a baby). We're pretty sure it was the beans.

Cassi said...

What a pretty Betta! We're on our third Betta now. We've had Jack, Squirt, and Lucky. Let's hope this last one lives up to his name.

I remember the days when "we" (translate: "I") had a no-pet policy. To tell you the truth, I'm glad I caved to the cuteness of a puppy and the pleas of my children. It took me a good year to be glad, though. Now I love the little guy to bits. Never thought I'd say that!

Trixie said...

Good job Amy, start small. Soon you'll be saying yes to a Lab or a golden retriever:)

Heather said...

What a good nursery teacher! I love the name. You should definately keep it as Handsome.
My kids would absolutely love a fish (or any pet for that matter). We want a dog when we get a house again someday :)

Melissa said...

haha... he's in nursery. Poor guy. Ty was too until recently. I'll have to give Ty a hard time about not being a great teacher and bringing in pets to class like Josh.

Nicole said...

Barrett's in nursery too and when he saw this he said, "i need to take some lessons from Josh". Enjoy Hampton, er whatever his name is.

Erika said...

That just makes me laugh! How is handsome doing?