Sunday, April 20, 2008

Perfect Day

I can't even believe how beautiful this day was (I'm more than a week late getting this post out...better late than never?) It was windy, breezy, sunny and any other word ending in "y" you can use to describe basically what I'll always look back on as a perfect day. Mom, you can't ever move cause your backyard is too perfect for these impromptu baseball games with the family. Here are some pictures...

It began with a brisk 5K in the morning (ha, ha!)


Next was group lessons over at Mom's where Meagan and Ellie had fun dressing up. I was happy this kept them occupied. Normally they tear through the house searching every bathroom and room for lotion, makeup, perfume, etc...


Jonah playing in the tree house...more like just sitting there, too scared to budge an inch for fear of falling.


And then because all the cousins hang out after group lessons for a while, this ball game ensued...

"Which way is first?"

"Alright, here I go!"

Hi five with Emma

Pres-dawg! you look like a pro!

Even the big boys had a good time.




12 comments:

littlest said...

go ames! a 5k!! i am training for a race as well...not looking forward to it.

love you girl

Erika said...

I can just feel that perfect day! Looks like fun. I hope this nice weather lasts....and way to go on the run!

Niki said...

OH I love those perfect days!!

Leah Miller said...

That sounds like a perfect day to me...a 5K and spending the day with family!

Ryan and Claire said...

5K Are you trying to compete with Denny :) Thats awesome. I backed out of the PHX ZOO 2K we signed up for. But I'll eventually do something. How TALL is Preston? I would have never known it was him! And the backyard looks great with that new wall and the steps down to the yard. Looks like someone is taking good care of things.

Dawn said...

good job Amy. 5K and a perfect day with family. Now that is the only way to spend a day. Okay maybe throw some chocolate in and it would be perfect!

Annie said...

I can't believe that's Preston! How old is he? That looks like such a fun day. I miss that house, I haven't been there in forever it seems like.

Heather said...

So much fun! I love beautiful days like that. You are making us miss our families!

Lara Neves said...

Go you on the 5K! I'm impressed!

Nicole said...

sounds like a wonderful day! And way to go on the 5K!!!

KP said...

Wow, good girl!! I could use a BRISK 5 K myself. Where is that back yard? You make life look pretty darn good!

Amy G. said...

the backyard is at my mom's house. pretty awesome huh? the kids love to go exploring out there...which can also be pretty scary too :)